1 – How to create your free website.
First, log into your BestAgent account, then click the ‘Hamburger’ menu in the top right-hand of the screen, then select ‘Settings’ from the menu items. You will then be taken to the main settings page for your account, select ‘Create my Website’, you will then be directed to the start page, click ‘Let’s Go’ to begin..
1.2 – Adding your ‘About Us’ information and a photo.
Step 2 of the website creation process allows you to add a short ‘About Us’ section, we do already provide some wording for you which you’re free to use, or you can edit it on the page. You also have the option to edit this later in your ‘Website Settings’ section.
There is also an opportunity to add a photo, you can add a photo of yourself, your team, or anything else. It’s your website after all. This will display next to the ‘About Us’ wording on the website. You have the option to skip this and add it later if you don’t have a picture to hand.
Once you’re happy click ‘Next’ to continue to the final step.
1.3 – Adding your company logo.
Step 3 of the website creation process allows you to add your company logo, this will be displayed on your website. It’s best to pick the best quality (Highest resolution) logo you have to ensure it doesn’t distort on the website. If you don’t have one to hand you are able to skip this step and add it later in your ‘Website Settings’ section. Once you’re happy click Save and your website will be created instantly.
1.4 – Completing your website.
After clicking save on the ‘Adding your company logo’ page your website will be created instantly, it only takes a few seconds and your website will be live.
On this page, you will see a button which will take you to your website, as well as your website URL. You will notice that by default your websites doing will look like the following:
This is a default and you will be able to add either a domain you already own, or, if you don’t have one you are free to purchase one from BestAgent for a ‘one-off’ charge of £25 (This will need to be renewed yearly but you are under no obligation to do this through BestAgent).
At the bottom of the page, you will also see a link to go directly to your ‘Website Settings’ page where you can add additional information including your tenancy information, details of your CMP service, and edit information already provided.
2 – Your ‘Website Settings’ page.
On this page, you will add basic property information. There are 3 basic options that are required to add a property. .
To add the basic information click the ‘drop-down’ menus to add the number of bedrooms, the property type (House or Flat), and the property sub-type (eg: Detached or Maisonette)
Once you have created your free BestAgent website you will be able to access the ‘Website Settings’ menu item. On this page, you will be able to add your current domain (if you have one) or purchase one from BestAgent. You will also be able to add additional information to your website including your tenancy information, details of your CMP service, and edit information already provided.
3 – Registering an existing domain to your BestAgent website.
To register your existing domain to your website you will need access to your domains DNS settings so you will need the login details given to you by your domain provider to hand. If you don’t know them you will need to speak to your domain provider, or, contact your IT support who will be able to pass you the login details, or, will be able to make these changes for you.
To start, click the ‘Hamburger’ menu in the top right-hand of the screen then click the ‘Settings’ menu item, then ‘Website Settings’. On this page you will see the ‘Your website address’ section, this includes a button labelled ‘I already have a domain I’d like to use’, click that button and you will see some basic instructions to complete the process (see below).
- Enter your domain:
- Log into your DNS provider panel or console.
- Navigate to your DNS Management page. The location and name of this page vary by provider, but it can be found under Domain Management or Advanced Settings and then select the domain name that you want to update.
- Locate the Records section. Choose to create an A Record from the drop-down list and then complete the below fields:
. Host / Name (subdomain i.e. first part of your domain before the first dot)
. Value: 184.108.40.206
. TTL (‘Time To Live’ is a propagation time. The value should be lowest i.e. 1 minute or leave this option default as per your registrar).Click the Save Changes button to apply the changes.
Once you’ve made the changes to your domain settings click save on this box and your new domain will begin to be attached to your new website. This can take up to 48 hours but will often only take a couple of hours to fully propagate.
3.1 – Buying a domain through BestAgent
If you do not already have a domain BestAgent websites come with a free domain you can use and the URL will display as https://bestagent.website/yourcompanyname, however, you will also have the option to purchase a domain through BestAgent.
You will need to go to your ‘Website Settings’ found in the ‘Settings’ tab of the main ‘Hamburger’ menu.
In this page in the ‘Your website address’ section, you will see a button which reads ‘I’d like to buy a new domain name’, click that and a pop-up will appear on screen. Enter your desired domain name and we will check if it is available to purchase. If it is, click ‘Buy Domain’ to complete your purchase, the domain will then be automatically applied to your website.
Domains are charged at £25, this is a one off charge however you will need to renew this yearly but there is no obligation to renew through BestAgent and you are able to purchase a domain from another supplier should you wish to. Advice for how to set up an external domain can be found in section 3
4 – Adding additional information to the website.
After setting up your free website (see section 1 of this guide) you will have a new option in the Settings tab of the ‘Hamburger’ menu called ‘Website Settings’ here you will be able to add additional information to your website, we have all the fields needed to make sure you are compliant with all regulations, as well as sections to add additional contact details. The name and description of each section is below:
- Your website address – Here you can view your website address, add a domain, or purchase a domain (see section 3 of this guide).
- Default Homepage Search – Here you can customise whether your sales or lettings properties will display to your customers first when they reach your homepage.
- Default Price Order – Here you can customise whether your properties display as ‘High to Low’, or, ‘Low to High’ on your search pages.
- About us – Here you can add/edit your ‘About Us’ section of your website if you haven’t already done so (see section 1.2 of this guide)
- Address – Here you can edit your branch address, by default this is pre-populated with the branch address you supplied when you set up your BestAgent account
- Email – here you can edit your contact email, by default it is pre-populated with the email address you used to sign up with BestAgent
- Upload your team photo – Here you can add/edit a photo to accompany your ‘About Us’ section of your website if you haven’t already done so (see section 1.2 of this guide)
- Upload your Logo – Here you can add/edit the company logo on your website if you haven’t already done so (see section 1.2 of this guide)
- Social Media Accounts – Here you can provide links to your social media, these links will automatically be added to your website and if you have Rightmove or Zoopla activated you will be able to instantly send a property link out to your social media followers
- Property Redress Scheme – Here you can ‘Tick’ the box for the various redress schemes you are a part of and logos for each will display automatically on the website
- Professional Body Membership – Here you can ‘Tick’ the box for the various professional bodies you are a part of and logos for each will display automatically on the website
- Portals – Here you can ‘Tick’ the box for the 3 ‘main’ portals (OnTheMarket, Rightmove, & Zoopla) you are a member of and logos for each will display automatically on the website
- Portals – Tenants Fees – Here you can add/edit the fees charged to tenants and these will display on your website
Was this article helpful?